Honeywell Galaxy 16 +

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm trying to get my alarm system going again. A recent electrical storm took out the telephone lines in my area. After the phone line was reinstated again the keypad showed Telecoms failure. Is there a way to get rid of this warning and have the panel dial out to my phone number when the alarm is activated like it did before the storm.
I've already replaced the control panel and rewired everything, thinking the panel got damaged in the storm, but I still get the Telecom failure message. Everything else seems to work as it should. Is it a programming mistake i've made or something more serious.
Many thanks in advance,
burkey

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/conversations/honeywell-galaxy-16.34860/#ixzz6FkZPSduS

Sponsored Links
Did it really dial your phone directly without giving an error at the panel before? The Galaxy panels don't support voice dialling!

If going to the effort of replacing the controls, I'm not sure I would have replaced for another 16+. A Galaxy Flex would have been a better, more modern option.

Yea it dialled out to two numbers which I had entered into home 3 audible and home 4 audible. Albeit I just received a tone, but it still showed my home phone number was calling me when I new no one was at home, if you know what I mean. I'd be happy for it just to do that again

But when it did that, it should then give a comm's error due to no DTMF based reply.

Sponsored Links
It probably did, I'm not sure to be honest, but it was enough to alert me of a problem, or intruder detected. I just cant remember what settings I had programmed into section 6, options 12 & 13. It was handy, as I was able to respond quickly as I work only a short distance from my home, and then I just reset the system after checking the premises

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back