Honeywell Galaxy 16+

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Honeywell Galaxy 16+ alarm and would like some help to be able to control it remotely, if at all possible !

Here is a shot of the alarm so you an tell

[GALLERY=media, 91970][/GALLERY]

Looks like a cat5 connection is there, so I wondered can this be done?

If so do I need to get anything else ?

Sponsored Links
Best replace with a G2 panel or better. Cost 35-85 on ebay depending on model g2-12 to g2-44. The other parts of your system will be compatible and you can add an LCE module for Ethernet capability.

Sponsored Links
Tha's what I did, swapped my old Galaxy 8+ for a G2-12 and added the £50 ethernet module.

Great stuff, I have just ordered that add on from sm security too so hopefully that will come this week too. Galaxy guy says my old alarm stuff will work with it, I was hopeing my keypad will still work did you have to change yours Alan?

This is my keypad

Great stuff just wait for my stuff to arrive then try and workout how to set it all up

Do you have any manuals for the Galaxy?

If you don't you are going to have fun.

I would start searching around now or you will get very frustrated with the panel when it arrives if there is not one supplied.

I don't think Honeywell puts the manual in the panel any more, I might be wrong though.

Your old keypad will work fine as GalaxyGuy says, but we upgraded ours to an identical looking one with the keyprox function, ie tags you touch against the keypad for setting and unsetting. Very handy when you come in with bags of shopping etc.

Here's a link to the installation manual...

http://www.beacon-ni.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Honeywell-Galaxy-Series-2-User-Manual.pdf

Edit...here's a link to a keyprox keypad
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honeywell...011?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c5006b87b

And to the key prox tags/fobs. They come up on ebay singularly too, it's just to show you what they are like...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-Gala...877?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item463526ef9d

Edit again...with the keyprox keypads you can adjust the keypad button volume too, if that's as important to you as it was to us.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Great post thanks Alan, the alarm is for my bird shed so don't think I would need a keyprox. I have one of those in my house alarm already, and use it more than the keypad !

This is why I want the remote access feature, so I can set and unset should it go off in the night without it going off for a long time to annoy the neighbours, we will not here the alarm if we are in bed

does anyone know how i can alarm this window?

I was thinking of drilling through each pipe, and putting alarm wire through them all, then putting a 1k resistor on the end and putting the two bare wires into the alarm control box would that work, so it the wire is broken it would set the alarm off?

those look very posh!

Problem with a " beam " is the birds sometimes fly at the window and grab the netting, meaning they an hold on, so could easily break the beam, assuming they work like a PIR?

i could do with something that don't detect movement, Those bars are bent in to the holes, so if i can find a way of getting the wire tight ish then that might just work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back