Honeywell Galaxy 16+

Sponsored Links

I'm have one that says bell 12v, and if I connect it to that then touch the other wire on the - the sounder goes off, even when the alarm is not set

I also have a letter T on the board, which I assume has something to do with the bell, because if I don't put the letter T to the - I get a bell tamper

So if I just use these too the T as my live and the - as the negative then I get nothing, even when the alarm goes off the sounder is silent

You need to connect the "GND" to the switched bells output. It is labelled with a symbol of a bell and has 1003 just below it...

I get a bell tamper, so can not exit out of engineer mode

The only way I don't get a bell tamper is if I attach the T to the -

Sponsored Links
Yes but you also need to make the other connections as I mentioned above in addition to the negative to Tamper link

sorry to sound thick, but i am not understanding what your saying then

if i connect the "GND" (blue wire) to the switched bells output 1003 where does my live go, i assume its the 12v Bell?

I then connect the T to the - ?

is that right?

If the internal sounder has a tamper you can add the switch to the circuit. If not, then just place a wire link between 0V and T.

pleased to say its working :)

thanks for the help

now for the selfmon!

just need to add my account to the panel, as i already did the rest

gulp

thanks Galaxy Guy, thats my kind of help!

will give that a go for sure, i just need to workout this selfmon thing!

i can control the alarm via the phone, and also away from home as i set up a port forward!

i added a few quid to my account, and just need to workout where i put all the info to get it all working :)

Just follow the panel settings from the selfmon site exactly and it should all work. GalaxyGuy's your man though ;)

In your account, click on the panel settings and go to the G2 section. Ensure you use port 10005, as that is the one for the LCE module.

Just follow the panel settings from the selfmon site exactly and it should all work. GalaxyGuy's your man though ;)

Thanks for helping out. Your advice has been spot-on. It's been a 'birthday' long weekend for me, so haven't been able to keep up with the site.

Thanks for helping out. Your advice has been spot-on. It's been a 'birthday' long weekend for me, so haven't been able to keep up with the site.

Your welcome. Merry birthday .

I don't usually feel all that qualified to asister but I'm becoming very acquainted with galaxy panels now

well my panel is working thanks to you both, and others so you must have done something right lol

Right i did all the selfmon stuff and got an email off the alarm, so thats good

how do i test the text, and calling? do i just set the thing off?

i only want it to alert me if i get an intruder or tamper, i am not interested in setting and unsetting ect ect

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back