Honeywell Galaxy 16plus Engineer Reset Required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved into a house where it has a Honeywell Galaxy 16 plus installed. The message on screen said telecom failure, which we thought was just because our phone line hadn't been installed, but was still there after phone was connected. I assumed that this was there then due to no maintenance in place, but not sure who maintained it. Anyway anytime we open garage door alarm beeps, even though alarm hasn't been set so I would omit it. Then Engineer Reset Required came up and today when entering garage alarm started going off and wouldn't stop and wouldn't take any code. I left it 10 minutes and then it accepted my code and beeping stopped, Engineer Reset Required back on screen, however concerned this is going to happen when going outdoors or entering garage. Please help. I have attached 2 pics of equipment located in room that connects to alarm box, does this help with the above.

IMG_0875.JPG IMG_0878.JPG

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Your existing alarm could have been monitored at a monitoring station ?
If you activated the alarm system it would require an engineer code to reset it.
If you do not no the installation company then you would have to factory default the alarm control panel to revert it back to customer reset mode.
Also if you default control panel you would also need to turn off the telephone line fault monitor.
Is you system an ADT system ? If so it will cost loads of money for them it sort,better of going with registered independent installer.

Thanks for quick response. I do not know who installed the alarm but trying to get hold of previous owner to find out.

I had spoke to my company's alarm engineer and he said he can sort telecoms failure if I found out who installed it, but all this new stuff happened over weekend. Hopefully if I find out installer it can be sorted.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back