Galaxy showing fault after power cut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When trying to set the alarm, enter code and press A. This triggers a fault code to be displayed. There are 2 faults on (press < > to display, enter to continue). The first is time stamped when the power went off on friday morning. The other one is timed about half an hour later, when the power was still off, the same code.

The code reads something like:

0003CU+CB-AC

Cant be sure of the exact letters though.

The alarm will set, by ignoring the faults and pressing enter, triggering the timed set.

The main PCB is brand new. What could this code mean?

Sponsored Links
You'd think they'd change the battery with a new board, given that the whole main enclosure was changed! :evil:

Thanks Galaxy man. :LOL:

Another thing i found slightly perplexing was that during the power outage, the speaker was emiting a tone every 30 seconds or so, yet the keypad wasn't showing any faults, just the normal screen. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Errrrrm the first system (Galaxy 18?) had ADT written all over it, but this panel is a galaxy 3-xx i think, fitted and maintained by another company (its at work).

oh.

galaxy 3 panels have a little known "fault"

The default setting to show "alerts" is audable only, which is why your speaker bleeped, but the keypad shows nothing. it does not regiter in the log either.

I guess who ever fitted it used the batery from you origonal sytem

Thanks for that breezer. when the power came back online, the bleeping continued, but of course the display was just on the default screen. I guessed that putting my code in would cure it, and it did, but its still showing the alerts. how does one clear these alerts? or is it an engineer job? (I have called them out anyway)

You dont need an engineer, once mains restored and you have "accepeted the alerts" (you put in your code and pressed the >) they should "go away" if not it will not let you set it, and since you have set it, they should be gone when you unset it.

but they aren't . . . :cool:

foxed you now breezer :LOL: ;)

i'll let you know the outcome when the engineer has been tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back