Galvanic Bath (Electric Bath/Stanger Bath/Denki Buro)

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Disclaimer: I know this will sound insane, but bear with me.

I am interested in making a safe DIY Galvanic Bath (aka stanger bath or denki buro). They can be found at some spas in Germany, Czech Republic, or Japan, but they're practically unheard of everywhere else.

This isn't a "detox" thing, I know those detox foot baths are BS. But they are a proof of concept that you can put your body in water with an electric current safely.

The purpose of this is because I have a problem with sweating (Hyperhidrosis). There is a treatment known as iontophoresis, which involves applying an electric current through water to the area that you sweat. I've been using an iontophoresis machine for a while, which has worked well, but they don't treat your whole body efficiently.

When I searched online for a solution I discovered galvanic baths, which are essentially whole-body iontophoresis machines. They use direct current (like iontophoresis), and metal plates on the sides.

I already have metal plates, but I don't know how to make a safe power supply. I've tried just connecting my iontophoresis machine, but it has a feature that limits the voltage based on resistance. To be effective iontophoresis needs to be around 20v DC, and the galvanic baths advertise they go up to 24v.

Is it possible to create my own galvanic bath using my existing bath tub, metal plates, and a power supply?

Example of iontophoresis machine:

Example of galvanic bath: http://trautwein-gmbh.com/index.php?en_kombinationsanlagen

Article: Shocking baths of Japan

Sponsored Links
It would be a hell of lot safer to either import the entire thing, or at least import the power supply used on a European one than trying to match it with something off the shelf.

Is that something you've looked into?

It would be a hell of lot safer to either import the entire thing, or at least import the power supply used on a European one than trying to match it with something off the shelf.

Is that something you've looked into?

I am trying to contact them. The problem is they don't have any prices listed, and when you request a quote they ask for business information and/or a local European address. I'm unsure if any of them sell them for personal use. Even if they did, I imagine the bath would be very expensive and importing it to North America would be both difficult and expensive. Also, the room and plumbing it would require is another problem. It is something I'm looking into though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back