Galvanised pipe leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, need a bit of advice.

I managed to put a nick in a 3/4" galvanised water pipe that was buried in a bathroom wall :oops:.

For some reason this not connected to the main stopcock feeding the house or any of the neighbours stopcocks so I can't turn the water off on this pipe. When the main stopcock is turned off all the water in the house is stopped except this supply.

Any way I'll get to the point, the pipe leads to a garden tap which isn't needed so it can be capped off. Any suggestions would be appreciated on the best way to do this for this type of pipe with the water supply still on .

Cheers in advance

Sponsored Links
find a joint and plug it live :LOL: failing that freeze it[after temp sealing of nick]enjoy :D

Thanks for the quick reply!

Can't find a joint as it runs into the neighboring property and when he let me take a look next door no sign of the pipe?

I assume its buried in the wall like in the house i'm working on (don't think he would appreciate me hacking into his walls).

The pipe needs to be removed as the dividing wall it was hiding in needs to be removed

Whats the best way to cap off after cutting the pipe?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back