Galvanised steel water pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm doing a little bit of plumbing work for a new kitchen but a little unsure about something.At the moment my water pipes to my sink are galvanized steel (most of it is).Now i want to re-route my water and fit copper pipe to the steel.My cold water pipe has this done to it already by a plumber(or DIY er)i presume.However i want to do this to the hot water pipe as well.I have got a 3/8 bsp connector with a compression fitting on the other side to do this its just a question of unscrewing a section of the steel pipe but i'm not sure if the joint will unscrew easily as the house is about 40 years old.Can i heat the pipe or would i risk cracking the pipe.

Sponsored Links
It should unscrew fairly easily - a bit of heat wil do no damage and may help a lot. PS I bet its 1/2 inch not 3/8!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back