Gaming computer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help the computer when I switch on gets the windows logo and the circle ,then after about half hour screen goes black and circle after another half hr get a warning saying windows couldn’t be installed unexpected error anyone any ideas thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you tried safe mode?. Hold down F8 as you switch machine on. Sounds like a windows update hasn't completed properly to me. Is this Win10? What hardware please? Cheers

FDB9B3F3-9C64-4918-AB6B-D57081E277C0.jpeg
24D77865-3240-49F6-88B7-9C7036A6C2E7.jpeg
D809875C-542E-4BB0-8053-EB17556CE1DF.jpeg
D81BE0DE-70C8-4EBA-839C-A52CCC1779EC.jpeg
When I turn on the only thing I can get into is F2 bios and f10 boot options I’m told it’s windows 10 and not a clue hardware

Sponsored Links
No f8 does nothing when I turn in get intel screen bottom right corner it’s got f2 think f7 and f10 if I ignore this and don’t press anything it goes to windows logo and circle I pressed f8 from switching on and just did above

each BIOS can behave differently, the moment the BIOS screen (F2, F7 and F10 options) disappear, you might want to try holding F8 then, as that's when BIOS passes control to Windows. Does the system have a recovery CD? if so, go into those BIOS settings, choose boot order, and set CD as the primary.

Have tried the f8 after intel screen just goes to windows at the moment sons just put a different operating system on it and same thing happens sticks on opening screen ,I don’t have a recovery cd he’s gonna try putting windows 10 back on off a usb .

nice one, yeah just change the boot order to USB and hey presto you can launch Windows installer off of USB :) Good luck

Take it back to basics, remove any drives that are not the OS one.
When it starts go into the BIOS (usually F2/Del) and ensure that you are using the right boot drive.
Also are you able to check that the drive has space on it?

Ye he has checked space and is showing there is when we load windows 10 could it be the hard drive ? It seems to load windows (it says now needs to restart to continue) so when we restart it goes back to windows logo and circle and just seems to stick there .

Ye he has checked space and is showing there is when we load windows 10 could it be the hard drive ? It seems to load windows (it says now needs to restart to continue) so when we restart it goes back to windows logo and circle and just seems to stick there .
It could be the HD but the simplest cause is probably that the OS has gotten corrupted as part of an update. It doesn't happen all that often but it does still happen. HDDs can go wrong but they're fairly good about recovering themselves most of the time.

If you boot from the recovery USB key, does it give you an option to 'repair'?

I’ve tried repair said something along the lines disc error so tried to reinstall windows 10 still does the same as b4
Then tried the command chkdsk / f and /r but that saying can’t run on this volume write protected.

That does sound like the HD is shot. If you can I'd recommend an SSD to replace it. If it's just the boot part then you might be able to recover files from the old disk, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Sponsored Links
Back