Gap around the toilet to waste pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a small gap where the toilet waste pipe goes into the waste pipe and need some advice on how best to fill it.

I've got some Sikaflex all weather grab/filler, would this be suitable or should I get something else?

Thanks in advance,

Sponsored Links
Yes, that's exactly it.
There should be fins on the end of the pan connector which fit tightly into the soil pipe. If they are missing or the ones that are there are now flattened so much that they no longer hold the connector in the soil pipe tightly then it's time for a new pan connector.

Sponsored Links
There doesn't seem to be any fins at all, it looks like this:

Attachments

• IMG_20230923_172040.jpg
    IMG_20230923_172040.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 72
There should be fins further down, only way to be sure would be pop the pan connector back and up and out to check. Why do you want to fill the gap, any real reason or just cause it's there??

As it currently stands, all the waste is heading south anyway so unlikely anything will work it's way back up and out of there, unless there's a blockage of course. Worst case, I'd clean it then dry it and then use a good quality black duct tape and just run it around nice and neat.

There should be fins further down, only way to be sure would be pop the pan connector back and up and out to check. Why do you want to fill the gap, any real reason or just cause it's there??

As it currently stands, all the waste is heading south anyway so unlikely anything will work it's way back up and out of there, unless there's a blockage of course. Worst case, I'd clean it then dry it and then use a good quality black duct tape and just run it around nice and neat.
I want to fill the gap because it's there and I've convinced myself there's a smell coming from the gap.

I'll follow your advice and get some duct tape.

Thanks for the help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back