Gap at bottom of uvpc door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a upvc back door with a gap between the bottom of the door and the sill below it. This should be fine, except that the sill doesn't seem to have been fitted properly and instead of being angled such that water drips off it onto the ground, its angled so water will flow back into the door. Any idea of the best (by which I mean easiest) way to fix this? I know I could just stick a bit of sealant in the gap, but was under the impression the gap served some kind of purpose (presumably to allow water to drip down the door, then flow off the sill)?

Sponsored Links
My brother had this promlem with his sliding patio doors. The sill was leaning in and causing the rain to run back to the house and end up in the cavity, this caused a foisty smell through damp under the floor.
To cure it we removed the hardwood trim on the inside, exposing the inside of the sill which was not clicked into the bottom of the doors. On the outside we removed the cement bed from under the sill and removed it. We cleaned everything up, replaced the sill to its correct position and angle. Wedged it back up against the bottom of the doors, and re cemented the underneath. The inside hardwood trim was left off for a few days, to allow the cavity to dry out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back