Gap between bath and wall. Advice wanted!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just installed new bath and unlike the last one, it wont fit up flush to the wall due to copper piping and the way the frame for the leg is positioned on bath.

Tha gap is roughly 30mm on longer side and 40mm on both the tap end and opposite. I could probably reposition to push the tap end more into the wall but would prefer the gap to be uniform all way around as any solution will be uniform aswell.

How do i fill in gap? Thinking of timber batterns onto the wall and putting the kind of PVC straight edging (you use for windows to seal to tiles) across the battern and onto the bath. Then if needed a normal bath trim to stop any water behind tile etc. OR is there something on the market especially designed for this problem.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
How a bout altering the copper piping so that it will fit flush to the wall , much better job than battens :LOL:

Years ago I made the same mistake. There was 5-10mm gap that has always caused problems and I have had to re-do it several times.
Take the trouble to push the bath up to the wall as much as possible esp at the tap end.

Sponsored Links
Very LARGE mistake.

Move pipes notch two walls fit bath into notch with silicone applied so it sticks in there. Build stud wall on remaining edge even if it's only to level of bath, glue that to bath.

Tile all round but don 't grout bottom row.

Fill bath to brim with water.

Silicone seal all three edges.

24 hours later let water out. Job's a goodun.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back