Gap by front door lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

can anyone advise of anything that can cover the gap on our front door by the lock? There is a huge draft coming through. Photo below which hopefully you can see. Thanks Cat

BEF43383-FC91-4C18-9D21-AA8EFC10DF9A.jpeg

Sponsored Links
is the door frame wood or plastic? The staple (keep) appears to have been recessed too deep.

You need some draught-excluder strip.

IMO the furry pile (or brush) is better for doors and windows than extruded EDPM as it does not stick or grip on the moving parts.

Clean the surfaces very thoroughly before applying.

Link doesn't work but as John suggests use brush pile fur excluder, same as you'll have on the frame already

Sponsored Links
Wickes have it, in grey. I think I've also seen it in white (which shows the dirt) and black. I couldn't see a dark brown one to tone with your door colour

https://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Pile-Tape-Draught-Seal-Grey---5m/p/161293

Cheaper than Amazon

Double-glazing window supply co.s sell it on ebay. I use it on my sliding sash windows. Some of it has a hard or metal backing to slide into a holder, or be pinned in place, rather than the adhesive back.

Similar looking strip is used as a smoke seal on some fire doors.

in cold weather like this, such products quickly go out of stock.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back