Gap electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am fitting an electric shower and have cable and pipes running behind the wall.

To make life easier I have left off the tile where the pipe and cable comes through the wall. Now I am slightly concerned about water coming into this gap and damaging the stud wall behind.

The reason I left this is the water pipe comes in at a slight angle so takes up a lot of space, rather than using an elbow.

I had planned on sealing the shower but now having read the manual it states not to do this. Although a lot of people say to seal the top and sides of the shower. With just a gap at the bottom would this cause problems behind?

Sponsored Links
The reason I left this is the water pipe comes in at a slight angle so takes up a lot of space, rather than using an elbow.

Did you fit the pipe like that or was it already installed like it ?

I had planned on sealing the shower but now having read the manual it states not to do this. Although a lot of people say to seal the top and sides of the shower. With just a gap at the bottom would this cause problems behind?

Don't seal round any part of the unit it need air circulation.
you can always fit as much of the tile as poss and just seal round the pipe/cable entry hole.

There isn't the space to fit elbows on it because of where the support in the wall is.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice.

I have tiled behind it. It has filled the gap quite nicely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back