Gap fill - clinker block wall to joist / door frame.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Trying to put a stud then internal door frame up against a stitch drilled 100mm thick clinker block wall. Really didn't want to disc cut - but due to the slight stagger in some block laying, a couple of iffy blocks and then my slightly iffy stitch drilling I've a bit of a rough surface ranging from 5mm to 20mm gap in places - and one part of the wide gap is about 3 courses high.

Foam, gripfill, Mortar, vintage newspaper that I pulled out from my previous house?

Theres a bit too much volume for grip fill I'd say and the main gap makes me wonder if foam really is best so I'm thinking mortar for various reasons - but are there pitfalls to that?. It's the opposite side to door hinges - won't get banged much, doors are quite heavy but smooth action so its actually hard to slam them.

Cheers for any thoughts.

Sponsored Links
I did think about that but to me it seems extra fiddly as I'd probably take ages doing it, I'm one of those who likes it to be nice and secure hence packing full of mortar would give that feel good factor... but is it likely to crack etc?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back