gap filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, some advice and suggestiions please.

If you could refer to the attached image to make things clearer.
I have removed old silcone and some ceramic beading that was fixed around bath, as water was getting through and black mould forming.
I disliked the beading anyway, and prefer a nice clean beading of silcone instead.

The problem is, after removing the beading I see the bath has a curved edge which creates a recess or channel between tles and wall which seems quite deep (the green part).
How or what can I fill that in with, so that I have a square edge to bead some silcone on?
Would grout work, though probably would take an age to dry or perhaps a deep layer of silicone, then let dry and then another layer of silcone at the appropriate angle as per normal?
Or something else? I'm just a home DIY'er, but want something that is waterproof and long lasting as possible.

Thank you

Attachments

• P1070165 on blackcurrant tree.jpg
    P1070165 on blackcurrant tree.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 44
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back