Gap for Gutters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On my last reroof the roofer did not use the right gap for the gutters and are quite close to the tiles so there is no space for a hedgehog.

Is that a concern or shall I not worry about it.

Attachments

• 6054C77E-740C-4782-B71C-459D55FB8250.jpeg
    6054C77E-740C-4782-B71C-459D55FB8250.jpeg
    329 KB · Views: 70
  • C00F0F7B-EADC-4A12-AE11-A4AD890B19EE.jpeg
    C00F0F7B-EADC-4A12-AE11-A4AD890B19EE.jpeg
    332.8 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 79
Sponsored Links
On my last reroof the roofer did not use the right gap for the gutters and are quite close to the tiles so there is no space for a hedgehog.

Is that a concern or shall I not worry about it.
The drip of the tile should be aiming for the centre of the gutter. That looks 3/4 of the way across. There should be about 55mm max overhang when measured horizontally.

I guess that you could put spacers behind the brackets...

As above, I would be concerned about heavy rainfall overshooting the gutter.

Sponsored Links
I guess that you could put spacers behind the brackets...
Gutter Spacer

I guess I will be using these spacers but it frustrate me why trade people do not measure properly and I have to mend their work afterwards especially after spending an extra £250 on this side of the roof to fix the fascia and gutters that someone else did not install properly! Second fix and I still have to fix the fix!

If no splashing out, I wouldn't worry about it. I don't have a hedgehog. What dose it do and would it give the gutter some extra umph?

It's supposed to keep leaves out of the gutter.
I can see it creating a dam for sediment. Complete free flowing is best which will wash the sediment down the drain. The small gap is advantageous to reduce chance of leaves entering. The sediment would be the blown up dust that settles on the roof.

For an easy access low gutter like this, all the elaborate clever ideas are not needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back