Guttering installed too low?

Guttering is not meant to be level, it should have slight slope towards the outlet, so it helps to self clean. Some installer install with no slope, others with too much slope.
Water runs out a level gutter , not uphill to outlet.Never seen a clean gutter slope or not .

Sponsored Links
Well there are so many tiles on the market that they are trying to make then work for most situations. These are made for concrete tiles really which are about 40mm
thick, hence them not being able to higher the gutter without cutting some of the cloak as data as already pointed out. They are being lazy or they are stupid.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I have someone coming Monday to cut the tails back and lift the guttering to the right height as some have suggested. It’s not too big a hit cost-wise as the scaffolds still up so access is good. I’m not going to bother trying to get the original roofer to do it, I know I should fight for some money back but I doubt I’ll get anything other than lots of stress!

Water runs out a level gutter , not uphill to outlet.Never seen a clean gutter slope or not .

There is a recommended very slight slope down to the fall pipe, which is often ignored. Water will run out of a level gutter, but it will build up detritus - the slight slope helps avoid that.

When I installed my gutters 10 years ago, I set them at the recommended fall.

Sponsored Links
When its done send a picture to the original poofers ie before and after, along with the costs, and ask them to reimburse you , if nothing it might embarrass them that someone else has to come and correct their work!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back