Gap in floor boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all, I have had a brick wall taken down inbetween my two living rooms. There is now a gap between the floor boards, rather than get a load of new floor boards what is the best way to fill the gap?

Sponsored Links
just imagine a wall in between two living rooms removed. The brick is now about an inch below the floorboards that touched each side of the wall. Is there some kind of filler I could use?

as said pics would be useful,also depends on route of joists etc,but you could cut a strip of boards away from each side and lay in some new board or some ply to the correct thickness.

Sponsored Links
I know how to imagine, i also know that a picture would save a lot of questions and not having to describe several scenarios.

So do the joists run along the wall that was removed or do the floorboards?

Quality post, I think not.

How can I finish my decorating? but I won't tell you the room, the size, the colour, the window area or the carpet colour.

:eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back