Gaps In Bamboo Flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am currently laying a T&G bamboo flooring in my living room. I have got about 1/4 of the way through and I am unhappy with some of the gaps that are between the boards. The floor is a single plank with a beveled edge.

Everything looked ok when I was laying it but I think as I was getting further away from the first row, some of the tapping has misalligned the boards and it has resulted with these gaps. I'm not talking massive gaps here a few mm's here and there.

However they are big enough to notice, for me anyway.

Is there a filler out there that will fill the gaps?

It is carbonised bamboo flooring of a natural colour from floors2go.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I believe these floors should have tension straps across them as you fit them, these stop the vibrations opening the joints up.

Im using tension straps mate. I have started again and relaid the floor, only doing enough that the tension straps will allow be to do. It looks alot better now with not som many gaps. Even where there are gaps, they are not as bad as last time.

I have seen some products on the net though which fil the gaps, so perhaps I will buy that to fill them.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You may find that once everything is installed and aclimatised, the floor settles down, I'd give it a few months for the floor to settle before filling gaps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back