Bamboo hardwood floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are thinking of having a natural bamboo hardwood floor, anyone fitted one? and do you think the colour would look ok with an medium oak coloured kitchen?

I have read about putting a plywood floor first is this essential does the floor need a membrane down first to do this or can I put the bamboo floor onto the foam insulation.

Sponsored Links
The colour you chose is up to you. If you like it buy it! If subfloor is flat (2mm in 1meter for floating) then you dont need ply. And i take your installing over wooden subfloor so no moisture barrier underlay should be used. Again i will let you decide which one. Depending on where you buy from they can normally advice you the basics on underlay unless your shopping at [/b]um............ um.............. to go...... or somthing like that , as you will have no chance of leaving there or simular place with the correct product.

Hi,

We got a few free samples from companies off the net, might help in choosing.

Where you going to pick horz or vertical pressed bamboo as the vertical although looks great on the pics when you see a sample and imagin it across your room i think it looks very busy.

We have opted for oak in the end, i found a nice ebay shop selling nice qualilty wood for about the same price as bamboo flooring and would probably suit your kitchen better.

Although again all ones person point of view

Type hard wood flooring in ebay and the company is based in deeside in north wales dont want to give the name as not sure of post rules. But they are priced very reasonably. If you need anything futher drop another message

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back