Gap under PVC Window Sills

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

At the rear of my new house there is a gap under each of the first floor windows between the brick work and the underside of the window cill. I've not been able to take a good look due to the height but it looks to be about an inch maybe more.

The house is timber framed and I am concerned that water could be getting in there and in some way affecting the stability of the house.

There aren't the same gaps around any of the other windows and no w I'm outside the builders warranty period they don't care.

NHBC say they won't look unless there is actual damage.

Anyone have any advice as to whether this is a problem and if so what I can do to fix it?

Thank you
Ben

Attachments

• Window.jpg
    Window.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 153
Sponsored Links
Duck tape along bricks. Fill with sand and cement. Just as its setting point up (smooth with bit of hose pipe) pull tape.
Cover below if there is a window with polystyrene sheets. Wickes do best ones.

Buy sand and cement good to go in bag or tub. Just add water type..

Guess window was too small and they packed up?

Why bother filling a gap when you can leave it, safe in the knowledge the building 'inspectors' won't bother to pick up on it ...

I'm thinking about getting a job as one of those inspectors. I've read quite a few threads on here and am competent at diy. Does that qualify me? Or might I be over-qualified?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back