Gaps around ceiling/wall joint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have had a new extension with perfect flat ceilings built and were intending on having coving to match the rest of the downstairs. but have decided its better without.
Anticipating that we would be having the coving i removed the old coving and had the hallway ceiling skimmed at the last minute but the edges were not taped.
There is a gap between the top of the wall and ceiling. Is there a solution that doesnt involve reskimming the ceiling?

Thanks
Uploaded via Android app.jpg
Uploaded via Android app.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You could try taping it and patching the gap, but they are big holes. I'm surprised it was signed off like that even with coving as its a possible fire hazard. I also can't see any insulation, is there meant to be some?

Hi. Just to clarify this isnt actually part of the extension, its the hallway in the existing building. there is insulation in there.
The extension is all done and finished

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I have the same problem in our kitchen (which is an extension) how did you end up resolving? Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back