gaps behind radiator pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've recently had my floor sanded but unfortunately there are huge gaps on the floor between the radiator pipes and the wall. they are, at worst, about 8cm long and about 2-3cm wide.

i'm worried about mice but more importantly, and pressing, is that our children keep putting things down there (toys etc but i fear it could be important things - eg front door keys! - in the future).

we have no idea about diy - which is why we got someone in to do the sanding in the first place - so i need to know the easiest method of filling these holes. it seems to be a very long down under that hole and i know i would not be able to retrieve something if it went down.

can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
You need to cut pieces of timber to the shape of the hole. Apply wood glue around the edges the nail lat across (thin piece of wood) the top at 90 deg. Then insert into the hole. The lat acts as a support for the insert. Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back