Gaps in block pavers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just cleaned my block paving and now about to brush some clean sand into the gaps. However where bricks have been hand cut to fit curves etc some of the gaps are bigger than ideal (perhaps up to 5mm worse case).

Would I be better brushing some dry mortar in and watering it with a watering can…. Or is sand still the best route?

Any thoughts or product recommendation son a final coat of sealer?

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
Yeah your dry mortar idea sounds fine. Try not to get any on surounding blocks as it will stain when you come to dampen it with water can.

Best sealer i've heard of is Resiblok 22 i think it's called. Never sealed a drive yet but all i've heard is good things about it. There are cheaper sealers. I suppose it depends on how much traffic your drive takes.

Suit yourself but a council worker that does the weedkilling for a living
told me petrol and said "any stuff you can purchase out of the sheds is
money being poured down the drain".
The chemical the council use is not available to joe public.

Sponsored Links
I don't think there's much chance of brushing dry mortar mix into 5mm or less gaps without getting it all over the surrounds. You won't be able to brush it off the pavers once on and when it gets damp it will stain. I'd just go with sand. Lots of older paver areas get quite large gaps as things move around under load and the sand is always fine. You'll get weeds in it whatever you do ;o(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back