Gaps in Windows - Fill With Caulk? PICTURE!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought this house 3 weeks ago and finding that many of the windows have these "sliver" gaps here and there. Wanted to know what is the best way to seal them, caulk? I think they are considered storm windows??? From FL, so not use to anything more than an old "up & down" window.

Thanks for any and all help and suggestions!

EmptyHouse104.jpg
[/img]

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Agreed a better picture would help, but if I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing it looks like the casement isn't sitting in it's rebate correctly. Has there been movement that has forced the frame out of square?. If these are opening windows the simpliest method would be to plant on a strip of timber, say 5/8" x 1 1/2" onto the frame to increase the depth of the rebate. That would still allow you to open the window although you may need to reposition the stay. Even if the window is not opening this method is still ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back