Gap between upvc window and wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gaps as per above have formed around the inside of the window where it attaches to the wall (particularly the corners). The windows were fitted nearly 10 years ago. I haven't measured the gaps, but I'd definitely say at least 15mm at the worst bit.

What's best here to do?? Decorators caulk? Or expanding foam?? We're not great DIYers!!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
How have the gaps appeared, has plaster fell out, have the frames moved/are they loose, have you removed some pvc trims around the edge that were hiding these gaps?

If the gaps are wide and deep the decorators caulk will keep sinking as it dries so you'll need to keep reapplying another layer once dry, assuming wall are plastered and emulsion then the last layer of caulk I would finish off with a flat scraper and then touch back up with paint

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back