Garage Bar - Carpentry conundrum - Struggling!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Woudl be grateful for any ideas on the following please .. my brain is struggling!

Garage Dimensions

6.1m x 4.8m
Roof area approx 29.2m squared
The garage is single skin brick built garage with a lengthways dividing wall.

Main section 6.1 x 3.3m
Side galley section 6.1 x 1.5m

Garage Bar Plan

The side "galley" section I wish to turn into a bar - and intend to knock through a hatch at the far end of the dividing wall to act as the "bar" hatch through to the main section.
The main section of the garage will function as the pub area.

At the moment I am looking at making the dimensions of this window about 1.5m long by 1 high. The window starting approx 65cm up from the floor.

It needs to be rock solid in order to work as a normal bar would, be leant on, attach a pump to etc.
Also as space is limited behind the bar in the "Galley" area. Any carpentry would be better coming out into main section. of the garage.

Does anyone have any ideas what would be the solution to this?

I am struggling to get get a picture in my head of how this would work ie how to build a wooden bar around and over this gap.I thought maybe panel around a bar which is fixed to the bottom of the hatch and protrudes out into the main area, but I cant see that being too sturdy.

Any help or ideas really appreciated!

Loz

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back