Garage conversion floor raising

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to convert the garage into a play room for the kids (planning permission in progress). The house is 10yr old timber frame/brick construction -including the garage which was also plastered. I'm putting a new doorway through into garage, infilling main garage door and would like to raise the garage floor so it's level with the rest of the house.To do this the floor in the garage would need to raise circa 200mm. I'd like to lay DPM/Insulate/Screed but have noticed that the DPC on the garage is one course lower than the main house. (changes across front and rear garage doors). This effectively means that if I raise the floor 200mm one side of the garage will pass the DPC (100mm up from existing concrete slab) and overlap the timber frame by 100mm.
If the new DPM comes all the way up above the screed floor level is it acceptable to do this or does the new screed floor need to remain below/level with the garage DPC?
Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sponsored Links
Why are you not building a timber floor raised of your existing garage floor to meet your house level.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back