Screed depths for a garage conversion - Please HELP!

Sponsored Links
Why on earth would you want to paint a screed or apply ASPHALT of all things to a floor screed in a habitable room?

I'm baffled :confused:

I'm bored with this now . You do it your way and I will do it mine --agreed ?.
Besides that- I would do a timber floor anyway :LOL: --Donkey. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Ashalt makes a better floor covering. Spill your beer on it, sponge it up, wring it out back into the glass. Try doing that with carpet.

Ashalt makes a better floor covering. Spill your beer on it, sponge it up, wring it out back into the glass. Try doing that with carpet.
27483d1306393040-jack-russell-attacked-eagle-m-laugh.gif

How thick can Screed be laid - I think I will need (after the celotex) to raise the floor about 4-6 inches, could this just be screed?

I would aim for no more than 100mm screed. So use 150mm polystyrene or add more celotex.

Then use chicken wire in the screed

Woody - Thanks

Everyone else - thanks! Think It will be laminet floor (childs bedroom) and if a 10 year old needs to mop up lager / beer or cider from it they'll be getting a kich up the arse! but thanks for the pro's cons of Asphalt Vs Carpet :)

So.....Max 100mm screed, then Celotex below with tape and a DPM below it is. Q: Can you place two pieces of celotex on top of each other if required? Im guessing the weight of the screed holds everything down rigidly?

Q: Is there anyway to run pipes under a floor of concrete if a recess/gully is built in the concrete (at the top) for them using a made (wooden) chanel imprinted when the concrete is poured thus giving access under the floor if ever required? This also enables me to hide the piping for gsh under the floor rather than along the walls (boxed in)

On the same lines - If a timber floor do you use chicken wire to lift the celotex off the floor and insulate below and between the joists? (With air bricks at chicken wire level for ventilation...seems more "fenickity"

System malfunction! - I did not write the asphalt bit?! :)

Other than I now know it collects beer, I wouldnt know what it is!

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back