Garage conversion, raising part of concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a two story side extension on the side of my house with a garage and utility to the bottom floor. There is a large step down from the kitchen in the main part of the house then a small step up from the garage to the utility. I wish to move the utility wall and raise the floor level to encompass the kitchen door making the utility larger and less of a step.

The existing floors are 50mm screed over 125mm concrete seemingly with a DPM underneath just showing around the perimeter of the room.

The area to be filled varies in front to back height from 75mm(at the existing utility floor end) to 100mm (upto a layer of blocks to build a stud wall on at the garage end)
And on the sides upto the level of the external walls damp course. I am planning to fill it with screed containing mesh, bonding agent and fibres.

I'm not sure on the best way to do the damp proofing, would I be best using a DPM upto the existing floor and rising 1 course onto the walls, using a liquid damp proofer or some other means?

Untitled.png

Any help would be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back