Garage Conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently converting my garage which is integral to the house. The garage is a flat cold roof. Following discussion with building control, I have installed mushroom roof vents and fascia vents. My architect has recommended 50mm Kingspan between the joists and then 37.5 insulated plasterboard. There is no mention of a vapour barrier. Can anyone confirm if I need a vapour barrier below the 50mm Kingspan? My only concern with installing the vapour barrier and the recommendation of 37.5 insulated plasterboard and the condensation forming between the vapour barrier and the insulated plasterboard. Thanks Ryan

Sponsored Links
Currently converting my garage which is integral to the house. The garage is a flat cold roof. Following discussion with building control, I have installed mushroom roof vents and fascia vents. My architect has recommended 50mm Kingspan between the joists and then 37.5 insulated plasterboard. There is no mention of a vapour barrier. Can anyone confirm if I need a vapour barrier below the 50mm Kingspan? My only concern with installing the vapour barrier and the recommendation of 37.5 insulated plasterboard and the condensation forming between the vapour barrier and the insulated plasterboard. Thanks Ryan
If it’s foil fronted kingspan, when you seal the joints with foil tape, that creates a vapour barrier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back