GARAGE CONVERSION

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI

I HAVE A DOUBLE LENGTH GARAGE WHICH IS ATTACHED TO THE HOUSE AND HAS DOUBLE DOORS FROM THE CONSERVATORY. MY QUESTION IS DO I NEED PLANNING OR BUILDING REGS TO CONVERT HALF OF THE GARAGE INTO A DINING ROOM AND REMOVE THE DOUBLE DOORS FROM THE CONSERVATORY. I WILL BE ADDING A STUD WALL WITH A DOOR HALF WAY SO I STILL HAVE ENTRY TO THE GARAGE FROM THE NEW DINING AREA.

Sponsored Links
you will certainly need b'regs but it is highly unlikely you will need to get planning involved.

p.s. turn the caps off.

THANKS

forgot to mention that the garage is not used as such as its not wide enough to get a car in( strange but true) will that make a differance?

Sponsored Links
You definitely need building regs , and it is quite likely you will need to apply for planning .

for the last 25 years , or so , many councils have been removing the permitted development rights on new estate housing ,

meaning you often need to approach them for conversion of a garage to a habitable room

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back