Garage damp proof course

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just had a garage built by a very well-known and reputable firm in my area but I'm worried about the dpc.

From the inside of the garage, the dpc is one block above the floor.

From the outside, I've had artificial grass laid (by the same firm) between the garage and the house and this is sloped and is higher than the dpc for over half of the garage wall.

It seems obviously wrong to me but it's likely to cause an enormous argument and their opening salvo when I sent a message to ask about dpc level was that they didn't even need to do a dpc on a garage.

When laying the grass they did make a small channel between the garage wall and the hardcore and filled it with what looked like cement - not sure if that makes a difference.

Am I worrying for nothing?

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

I've read various things to that effect. Words like "should" don't mean "must" which seems to be where my builders are coming from.

The link suggests to me that it "should" have a dpc.

Common sense dictates that a dpc below ground level is as useful as a chocolate teapot.

So in the opinion of someone who knows anything at all about this sort of thing, "should" I accept it or "should" I be requesting some sort of remediation? (and if it's the latter, what sort of remediation might I be looking for?)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back