Garage door lock replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My garage door lock needs to be replaced and I need some advice on what needs to be replaced and how.

1. The front lock I don't have a key and cannot rotate it so I will definitely replace that. Here is a picture.

vx0nth.jpg

Will something like this do the job for the front lock? https://www.screwfix.com/p/garage-door-handle/74579

2. Here is a picture of the internal handle.

309mvps.jpg

I can open the lock from the inside to free the locking arms and open the door. However, the spindle does not rotate when I do this and I remember the internal handle once separated from the spindle so I pushed it back in place to sit on the spindle. I think a part fell out too at the time.

What type of inner handle do I need to buy to replace this as I haven't seen an equivalent in my online searches? The locking arms don't need to be replaced so can I simply buy an appropriate external and internal handle?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back