garage extension.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
currently building a garage to the side of my house. One wall will be the existing house wall and the other a new cavity wall.
i intend putting in a horizontal DPC above the pitched roof, overlapping each end, as per the drawings.
However can someone clarify for me what i have to do regarding the vertical DPC,s.
I will be putting in a vertical DPC on the new cavity wall on the left hand side of the garage door to separate the internal and external wall sections. The right hand side of the garage door will be going straight onto the existing external house wall. Now, the external wall will then be the facing wall inside the garage when finished. do i therefore have to put in a vertical DPC separator behind the garage door frame to separate external wall from internal, or can i leave that without.
many thanks.

Sponsored Links
i intend putting in a horizontal DPC above the pitched roof, overlapping each end, as per the drawings.
What does this mean? Are you referring to eaves (breathable) membrane reinforcement?

As for the vertical fella at the other abutment - then no.

However can someone clarify for me what i have to do regarding the vertical DPC,s.

You should cut a slot in to the wall where the front corner of the new extension meets the existing house wall, and put a length of DPC in. THen seal with mastic

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back