Garage Flat Cold Roof questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

we have a double detatched garage measuring 6m x5m, i have just replacedthe roof for EPDM rubber with new fascias.

im looking to board the ceiling in plasterboard and stud the walls, i have been reading that i need vents in the cold side for airflow? is this needed in the walls also if i was to put insulation in and leave a +50mm air gap

there is currently no heating in there and i would only run a 3kw space heater in there for a small space of time on the very odd occasion.

the roof does not overhang the walls so no way to vent from underneath it would have to be the side

also if on the plastic vapour barrier how do I seal it when I fit downlights

what are everyones ideas on this

thanks

Sponsored Links
I've searched and had many different views on what to do.

Some say its on to not vent as its a garage and will be unheated so no need

Then I've read to use solid insulation pushed up to the underside of the roof , i couldnt fill the whole void as they are 10 " joists. ,

Some say to use vapour barrier and others say not.

Could I just overboard it and not put any insulation in? Ideally I'd like to insulate but don't want to use mushrooms or vents in the side of the fascia

What about the walls regarding insulation

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back