Replacing a Flat Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am planning to replace my flat garage roof with a new flat EPDM roof, and would like a bit of advice about the intersection between the roof and wall for fascia.
It is a single skin wall and I will be building a cold roof due to height restrictions, and in an attempt to keep the fascia to a minimum.

I am considering the two options, but the second allows a smaller fascia.
The second however leaves the wall plate exposed, to be later covered with render (highlighted in grey)

is this ok, or does anyone have a better / alternative option

Please excuse the rough sketch, and thanks in advance

upload_2021-6-9_22-36-43.png

Sponsored Links
Move the soffit up to the bottom of the wallplate.

Otherwise you will need to do as the second sketch, render up to the bottom of the plate and then fit a cover mould over the plate. You should not render across timber

Perfect thanks for the fast reply and info.

As a follow on question would you use a piece of timber or a soffit starter trim, or something else for the soffit on the wall edge.
Also the top of the wall is aerated concrete block, is it advisable to fix at the very edge of these, and whats the best method of fixing if so.

Thanks again

Probably a strip of 'F' trim tacked or screwed to the wall plate to finish flush with the top of the block work. Finish the render/soffit joint afterwards with some mastic

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back