Garage floor + brick repair

CBX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All - hopefully I've chosen the right area to post.

I have 2 repair jobs that need doing and I could really use some advice as I’ve never attempted concrete or brick repair before:

– repair to the concrete interface between water channel and garage floor which has broken down (say 50mm x width of garage floor)

– repair to brick which recently had part of a gate post secured to it leaving large crack/holes

To be honest I don’t really know whether I’m supposed to use concrete, cement or mortar (for the brick repair). Can the same material be used to repair both jobs? I assume I really need to get on with this before winter comes as that’s when the damage worsens with water + freezing.

I’ve had various advice from those I’ve mentioned this to – add PVA to concrete, use Thompsons water seal to first seal the area. But given I’ve never tackled this before I’d welcome any advice about what to use, how to go about it (though I know to remove the loose material first and ensure dust free).

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Anyone have any advice? Feel free to tell me if my question was inappropriate/stupid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back