garage floor, dpm and drainage?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, I have finally got to the stage of pouring the garage floor (4mx7.5m)
Couple of questions :
I am going to have a gully drain across the garage door threshold, should this be set in first and do i have the dpm under this or upto it(hope that makes sense)
What slope(pitch) would you have and how far into the garage from the garage door.
Do I need an expansion joint at all ( depth will be 150mm) with reinforcing mesh.
Last question, what type of concrete would you suggest? gen1/2 etc.

Thanks in advance

Alex

Sponsored Links
If you are fitting linear drain grid then this is best fitted after the garage floor has been cast. Lay a level shutter board along the outside then concrete up to this, making sure it is fairly straight.

The dpm can be turned up against the shutter board.

Fire regulations state that a garage floor can be either set at 100mm below the existing house floor or slope toward the outside at say 40mm over 4.8m. This is assuming you have an integral garage?

No need for expansion and no need for mesh unless the substrate is poor or criss-crossed with subterranean drains.

Hi Noseall,

Thanks for the response.

Sorry should have metioned garage is detached.

Was going to use the mesh, as the ground is heavy clay?

Alex

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back