Garage Floor

cdh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We currently have a 100mm concrete garage floor without any DPM. We need to increase the height of the floor to match the driveway (while keeping the slope of the garage floor).

The floor needs to be increased by 60mm.

The existing floor has a crack running from left to right about a third of the way in. If we was to screed over using reinforcement mesh and a suitable screed, would this be a good idea or should I be looking to replace the whole floor?

If I do screed, what would be the most durable way/mix? The garage will be used for parking the car.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I would not recommend screeding a floor that will be used for parking a car upon. Particularly in the event that you would need to fit polythene beneath thus rendering the screed unbonded.

It seems a shame but the highest chance of success would be to bash out the old floor and start again.

It seems a shame to have to dig it up as apart from that one small crack, it's solid.

Do you think I could add 65mm concrete (with reinforcement mesh) on top of the existing slab?

Had another thought on this......

Do you think if I was to fix the reinforcement mesh to the existing slab, then add 65mm of fibre reinforced concrete - this would bond and also withstand the weight of the car?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It's what I would probably do. Although not in someone else's garage.
I'd scrub and sbr the existing as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back