Garage Gym

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning on turning my garage into a gym and would like to make it more habitable.

In order to do this I was planning on painting the ceiling and walls and then epoxy painting the floor.

I think the ceiling is plasterboarded? Can I paint straight onto this? Do I need a mist coat? Does it need sanding?

One wall is breezeblock, do I mist coat this first? The other walls are brick, again should this be most coated? Is there a special type of paint for this purpose?

Can anyone recomend a decent epoxy floor paint? I'm planning on laying rubber tiles over half of it but have read that rubber can lift the paint.

Sorry for all the questions but I'm completely new to decorating, I've attached some pics of the garage - thanks in advance for any help! View media item 89912 View media item 89911 View media item 89912 View media item 89910 View media item 89912

Sponsored Links
Yes first of all coat for the ceiling first. Then apply water proof paints. Which are normally available in the market. Second you can use rubber flooring. If you have children's so must go with it. Now a day rubber flooring is in. The link I mentioned because they are manufacturer of flooring so they must guide you very well.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back