Garage - just comfortable enough to play my guitar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello DIY gurus,

I don't really belong in a DIY forum, so go easy on me

I have done a quick search of these excellent forums, but still don't know how to do this...

I want to (or rather my wife wants me to) move my electric guitar and amplifier into the garage. So I want to make it comfortable enough to spend a couple of hours a day.

I never do DIY.

I am incredibly tight-fisted and want to spend as little as possible.

The job doesn't have to look brilliant - more sort of rough and 'studenty' :p

I already have a radiator in there. I have some studding on one wall ready for plasterboard (courtesy of the previous occupiers).

The garage is attached to the house, so only exposed to the elements on one side (and of course the door).

I intend to put carpet tiles down in the area that I will use.

What to do with the walls is my real problem.

I would like to put pictures up and hang my guitar on the wall, so I would like some sort of plasterboarding. I cannot plaster and dont want to pay anyone to do this. Can I just paint onto raw plasterboard?

What other alternatives are there?

Anyone tackled anything similar and have ANY advice?

Hope that someone feels enough pity to help me.

JCT Jennings

Sponsored Links
I would consider some sort of soundproofing if you are going to be dong the place up anyway. This is not that expensive and the music will echo round the place and sound louder without decent levels of soft furnishings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back