Garage Planning/PDR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

I have planning permission for a new double garage joining into my house. I don't think the planners would have given us planning for a room with windows as they felt it would have made our house look too wide.

Is there anything to stop me getting the structure built for the garage and then under PDR converting it into a room if I want to do that without going back to the planners?

Sponsored Links
Are there any conditions that relate to the use of the garage or withdrawal of PD rights?

No

But there are conditions in the planning about not putting any new windows/doors in without seeking planning. Does that that take precedence over PDR?

Correct as you’d need to abide by any conditions before exploring your PD options. You’re going to end up needing Planning as BR’s require you to provide windows for background ventilation.

Sponsored Links
If the permission is for a garage it must be used as a garage. You can't convert a new garage to something else via permitted development.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back