Garage Roof Replacement + Artificial Grass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,

I have a pre-cast concrete garage (c) 18ft x 20ft.

It is about 13 years old and the cement fibre roof panels are beginning to deteriorate. Additionally these roof panels cause condensation. So I have decided to replace them.

It might be a bit wacky, but I was considering boarding the roof, lining it with a waterproof membrane or felt. and then purely for aesthetics covering with artificial grass / carpet.

Does anyone have any ideas if this is possible ? Would i need to fit the usual type of felt, and then mastic the grass on top ?

Additionally my garden is plagued by cats, so i have concerns about the "presents" i am sure they will leave on the roof ( i can always hose the roof clean) , but would the artificial grass stand up to them pawing at it /trying to dig etc ?

Any info / or views will be appreciated.

The grass idea, was just because there is no green in my garden at all, its all garages, workshops and driveways.. I just thought a bit of green might brighten it up.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
As long as it doesn't hold water, thereby increasing weight, it will be fine.

Yes thanks Xenon , thats a good point. not actually looked at any before , so not sure what its "spongeability" ( i am claiming that word ) is like.

Surprised they are already failing! Maybe use polyester coated galvanised panels - very easy to clean. Get with anti-condensation undercoat. Not very expensive either as a fairly small roof.

Sponsored Links
They are not that bad Sittingbull, to be honest, I have only had a 50p coin size hole , which i filled with no further problems. but coupled with the condensation, and the fact that I am also going to redo the interior walling and make it into a proper room , it just seemed to make sense to do the roof first. I will have a look into those panels you mention.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back