Garage Roof Sweating and looks to be damp all over

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had the pleasure of my garage roof being completely redone. The guy that did it came recommended so all OK there. Or as I thought. Some issues but the main one that I now have is the plywood is wet all over. In some places its sweating with condensation dripping in places. Is there anything I can do to insulate the roof from the inside to prevent this condensation (if that's what it is). Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
There's no heat at all in the garage. The garage is a standalone separate to the house and is joined to my neighbours garage. I will try to take photos but the easiest way of describing it is that all the plywood is wet wherever you are in the garage. Is some areas there are moisture drips dripping from the roof. What IO am not sure of is (a) did the roofer use marine ply, is it necessary? and (b) not sure of what layers of felt were applied eg 1 or more. I'm no expert in this field and guidance would certainly e appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back