Garage roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I am new to this site. But having a problem with my garage roof. It has steel corrugated sheets on it and it bolted to the roof frame (angle iron) 10 inches apart and 1.5metres per row. It leaks in the cold weather, small water drops form on the inside of the sheeting grooves and it drips all over my car and tools and such. I though it was the holes from the bolting, but they same fairly well watertight as they have a rubber seal around them.

I think I might need a new roof, but at the same time would it help if it was pitched or angled more than (currently about 5-10º), if so what sort of roofing would suffice; plastic, Bitumen?

Also what about the trusses, angle iron or wooden?

Wouldn't have a clue how to make either?

Any info would be most appreciated?

Thanks

Cliffhanger79

Sponsored Links
This is caused by the condesation from the sheeting. Pitched or angled would not make any difference. A possible fix would be to take the sheeting off, apply Air Permeable Breathing membrane felt then re-aply the roof sheets

Hi all I am new to this site. But having a problem with my garage roof. It has steel corrugated sheets on it and it bolted to the roof frame (angle iron) 10 inches apart and 1.5metres per row. It leaks in the cold weather, small water drops form on the inside of the sheeting grooves and it drips all over my car and tools and such. I though it was the holes from the bolting, but they same fairly well watertight as they have a rubber seal around them.

I think I might need a new roof, but at the same time would it help if it was pitched or angled more than (currently about 5-10º), if so what sort of roofing would suffice; plastic, Bitumen?

Also what about the trusses, angle iron or wooden?

Wouldn't have a clue how to make either?

Any info would be most appreciated?

Thanks

Cliffhanger79

Does this go on the inside of the garage to soak up the condensation, I guess one side of the felt is sticky so I can firmly attach it the metal corrugated sheets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back