Garage Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?: Help - I have completed fixing the plates to the single brick wall of my newly built garage and have fixed the trusses to give a pitch of 22.5 degrees. My wife has finally decided on a fake slate tiled roof. Do I need to place board down over the wind-proof net onto the trusses, or can I go straight into laying battens over the netting and then fixing the slates? If I do not require to use any boarding, how do I seal the gable ends where the slates meet the last truss. Final question- I have no ridge pole, therefore do I need to place noggins in between the apex of the trusses to take the mortar fix for the ridge tiles, or is there a Company that provides a purpose made ridge cover or tile?
Any help will be gratefully received.
Cheers, and a Happy New Year to all
Jon

Sponsored Links
What is this 'wind proof net'? Do you mean felt?
Can nets be windproof :eek: What about the holes?

Ridge tiles are bedded onto the roof tiles.

At the gable, the tiles go over the gable wall to form a verge. Have a look at other roofs near you.

Stay off the roof for the next few days though. lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back