Garage/Shed Consumer Unit RCD tripping continuously

Sponsored Links
He is trying to make the position that, if the whole circuit is supplied through a 13A fuse, then a 32A MCB isn't going to do anything, as the 13A fuse will always blow first.
The basis of fuse discrimination is that the higher rated protective device is nearest the supply. Its poor deisgn to do otherwise,
But that is nothing to do with your RCD problem.

Am I missing something here?
A retired electrician puts in a CU with RCD on an existing 13 amp circuit that is already RCD protected.
The mind boggles.

Sponsored Links
I realise the discrimination issue is nothing to do with the fault issue, it was just a comment. I did not mention anything about RCD's in line.

If you have a 13A supply to an outhouse, there is no point fitting a CU. Just run the sockets off the incoming supply and fuse the lights down.

I'll go with TTC here: we need pictures of everything in circuit, including shots of inside the CU's., spurs etc...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back