Garage sides render / tight space

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had my double pitch garage built using breeze blocks at the end of the garden (mid terraced house )
On one side I have a fence on the other side I have a garage wall. I have roughly around 40-50cm for on either side for rendering or cladding. I am mainly trying to achieve weather protection on the sides and they don’t have to look pretty.
I can get into the space on both sides
Now question is , are there any rendering/ water proofing options for the sides with this amount of minimal access ? I was hoping for some sort of single coat render that could be applied by hand and doesn’t have to be smooth.

Anyone know of such product please ?
Any other options I have with such limited room to work ?

Sponsored Links
is it single skin or cavity?

If it was me I would fit vertical timber battens then attach either box profile sheeting or rendaboard

that way you have a cavity to prevent damp ingress if its single skin

if youve used lightweight blocks I might be tempted to put on tyvek housewrap first

is it single skin or cavity?

If it was me I would fit vertical timber battens then attach either box profile sheeting or rendaboard

that way you have a cavity to prevent damp ingress if its single skin

if youve used lightweight blocks I might be tempted to put on tyvek housewrap first

Sorry , it is single block not cavity.

So it would be tyvek wrap with roofing battens on top then water proof sheet of some sort.

I presume rendaboard would need to be rendered as well ?

Sponsored Links
So it would be tyvek wrap with roofing battens on top then water proof sheet of some sort.

I presume rendaboard would need to be rendered as well ?

It is designed to be rendered, but it could just be painted or left - if you don’t mind what it looks like.

It is designed to be rendered, but it could just be painted or left - if you don’t mind what it looks like.

thank you , that definitely gives me some direction now.

Could you confirm TYVEK application would be straight on to the wall held in place with vertical battens ?
One side gets a lot of wind and rain push which i would like to keep nice and dry as i want to insulate from inside later.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back